Undergraduate study review

 



If you're a student, you have one job and it is to study.

Well, that sounds absurd, but really that is what matters. I mean a student should shift their priority to studying and learning. Students nowadays are really evolved from where I used to be back in 5 years. They started to seek part-time jobs, become entrepreneurs, and also become social influencers. Which is great. That took tremendous energy to juggle all those responsibilities, but as long as you're a student, your pointer and knowledge are what matters.  

Every person varies in what they are seeking in their lives, however, during those periods of studying instead of gaining more money, try to seek friendship, connection, and soft skills. At the end of the adult road, we all want to be back as a student again. Hanging out with friends, doing study groups, and discussing topics in Mcdonald's or random fancy cafe is an experience that you won't get it anywhere. You're full of energy, spirits, and love, spread it. It's okay to chase money, but it won't be enough, there are other things that money can't buy.

I started my undergraduate journey back in 2016, as a young tenacious 19 years old lady. Which university and what course I'm pursuing will be in the next post.

Now that I think of it, omg how time passed like a breeze. I was a very cheerful, active, and determined student back in those days. I love studying and I'm very grateful because I got into an established university and was accepted into the course that I pick. I wasn't happy with the course at first, as I'm into medical sciences and biology back in school. But, with my SPM results, I didn't get any health or medical science courses that I wanted. I clearly remember sitting down with my father and telling him I want to change my course. After considering the pros and cons, I continue with the course.

During the duration of 2016-2019, I was nothing but happy, living a delightful student life. I only received PTPTN, and got my parent's support throughout the whole undergraduate study. Honestly, it wasn't enough, for a teenager to go out and have fun but I was comfortable. There's always food to eat, clothes to wear, and cozy rooms to rest in. My friends and roommates, we enjoyed living the money-less life, we enjoyed on our own terms. We played sports, went hiking, traveling to places that don't apply fees to enter. We eat Maggi occasionally and cook sometimes. Had a sleepover, and ate free food provided by the university. Oh, life was hard during that times when we got little to no money, but it was peaceful and happy.

Now that I earned money, I rarely got that joy anymore, my head was a mess, my life was upside down, and my health deteriorating. I'm lonely, got little to no friends and my circle is basically a dot. Ironically it's the same for all my friends, some are staying at home, some went missing on the radar, and some are sick. Every time we meet, all that we could talk is about the old days of 'during our undergraduate study' and I realized there nothing much to share about life nowadays. The routine is the same, go to work at dusk and back at dawn. Thus, I'm glad and feel very very grateful for the life I had during my undergraduate study and the memories will probably blossom back in my mind each time. So.... you get my point. Enjoy your student's life kiddos.

Carpe diem.

0 curios peeps:

Post a Comment

thank you peeps

Mockingjay
 
NSDiyana's Blog Design by Ipietoon